How much will it cost to see Dr Farid Meybodi?
The cost for the initial consultation is $200 and for subsequent consultation within 12 months is $100. Fees for consultation along with other necessary forms will be emailed to you for your convenience upon booking an appointment.
Is there any rebate for my consultation fee from Medicare?
If you are covered by Medicare and have a current referral after receiving the payment, our staff can submit your claim, directly to Medicare. We will print the statement to show your rebate.
Why do I need a referral if I have seen the doctor before?
It is a requirement of Medicare that in order for specialist consultations to be rebated, patients require a current referral. You can see the doctor without a current referral but will not be able to claim from Medicare.Referrals from Specialists last for 3 months and referrals from GPs last for 12 months.
How Dr Farid Meybodi Bills for Operations and Procedures?
Understanding billing methods may not be on your priorities list, but in case of surgery, these principles might help:
The cost of surgery or procedure depends on the type procedure and the severity of your condition.
Medicare determines the value of each medical service. This is called the Scheduled Fee. As a private patient in a hospital that accepts Medicare, you are entitled to get a 75% rebate of the Schedule Fee for services and procedures. The remaining 25% will be paid for by your Health Fund.
Please note, hospital accommodation as a private patient is not covered by Medicare. Also, the actual charges for a medical service or procedure is guided by the Australian Medical Association (AMA) which is higher than the Scheduled Fee.
There are three ways we might invoice you for surgery, they are as follows:
Patient Invoiced Directly:
An invoice is issued directly to you for payment within 28 days. We will let you know before your surgery what that invoice is going to look like and how much you will be out-of-pocket. Once you have paid, we will issue a receipt that you can use to claim from Medicare and your Health Fund.
A few Health Funds agree to pay a slightly higher rate than the Scheduled Fee. The Health Fund will be invoiced directly, and we will bill you an out-of-pocket amount (known gap). You need to be a member of a Health Fund that has such a scheme.
Where out of pocket co-payments are required which can vary depending on the type and complexity of surgery or procedure. You will be advised in writing after the consultation the amount of gap payment.
Surgical fees are billed directly to the Health Insurance Providers. This is allowed by most Health Funds with whom we enter into an agreement. With no gap payment arrangement, you will not be charged out of pocket fee by Dr Meybodi.
You can call us during office, and we will assist you in obtaining an estimate of costs for your surgical procedure before you go ahead with your admission.
Further information: https://www.privatehealth.gov.au/healthinsurance/howitworks/outofpocket.htm
Related Link Buttons
We would recommend the following links on each of the above pages.